Am I doing enough? Am I ahead of or behind my competitors in embracing digital transformation?
We are often asked these two questions by current and prospective clients. Working with clients across the industry has given us insight into the best practices of integrating Digital Health into the organization. To help answer these questions, we have created a rapid self-assessment tool for digital health leaders to quickly gauge where they stand relative to their peers.
Strategic Acumen (y-axis)
Instructions: Give yourself 2 points for each yes answer and 0 points for each no answer to each question below, unless otherwise specified by the question. The resulting total is your position on the y-axis (vertical).
1. Have you identified (+1 pt) and defined (+1 pt) the digital trends impacting your business (e.g., "When we say digital, we mean...")?
2. Do you understand the unmet needs of HCPs, patients, and payers in your space that those digital trends can impact?
3. Have you introduced technology usage into your patient journey (+1 pt) and tracked its impact (+1 pt)?
4. Do you have a decision-making framework to priortize digital efforts (+1 pt) and is that framework utilized for management decisions (+1 pt)?
5. Do you clearly understand what can be developed / managed internally vs. what will require an external partner?
Organizational Journey (x-axis)
Instructions: Give yourself 2 points for each yes answer and 0 points for each no answer to each question below, unless otherwise specificed by the question. The resulting total is your position on the x-axis (horizontal).
1. Does your organization have a team focused solely on digital innovation?
2. Is senior leadership invested in the objectives of that digital innovation team (e.g., will their boss measure success partly by how well digital does within your organization)?
3. Are your brand managers aware of the value of digital s have a defined process to request digital support?
4. Are there clear short (+1 pt) & long-term (+1 pt) success metrics set for digital innovation?
5. Is there an established long-term vision with clear milestones for iteration / evolution of digital initiatives?